Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thrifting in My City

Thrifting in My City is a blog that justifies my shopping habits.  Well who am I?  My name is Audrey and I am the principle designer for Chroma and Hue Interiors.  Click the About Audrey link above to learn a little more about me. 

When I shop I do not have the ability nor do I want to purchase every single beautiful thing that I find while I am out and about.  Also I am an interior designer and I do not always have a project or home for the beautiful objects that I find at that time.  So to prevent myself from snatching up every single item that I find while I am out this blog will be sort of a holding pattern for any fabulous shopping finds.

OK!  And now that we have officially given pleasantries and introductions.  Here is a pretty pretty picture of a pretty pretty inspiring space.


 
I found this here
 
Isn't it gorgeous and simply divine!  Two things are my favorite that floor and the beautiful built in.  My specialty is kitchen design so I am well versed in the language of cabinetry and to see such a simple application of cabinets and lovely glass and it not be in a kitchen setting is just exciting.  I mean really, I am excited, it is refreshing to see home owners take things out of there traditional application and use it anywhere in there home.  Have you done anything nontraditional in your home decor lately?  Ever taken an object out of context and used it in an unconventional way? 
 
 
Like how I shop?  If you are interested in having your space redesigned give me a call, 202.747.5716, or shoot me an email, audrey@chromaandhue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment